Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) is a premier medical institute of India acknowledged as a centre of excellence for education and research. The college provides training to under-graduate and post-graduate medical and nursing students with assured career prospects in the defence services.The AFMC is affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Science, Nashik and is recognised by the Medical Council of India.
The AFMC MBBS Entrance Examination is conducted by Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) Pune, India for admission to the MBBS program offered at AFMC Medical College Pune, India. The written examination is held on 1st Sunday of May. Successful candidates are called for interview in June. The AFMC MBBS 2013 course will commence on August 1, 2013.Admission is subject to medical fitness. Students after completion of their MBBS course from this institute can work at least for 7 years in armed forces. The entrance exam is conducted every year.
Total Seats for AFMC MBBS
A Total of 130 candidates (including a maximum of 25 girls) will be selected. All the 105 boys and 25 girls admitted to AFMC, Pune have compulsory liability to serve as commissioned officers in the Armed Forces Medical Services on graduation. The type of commission will depend upon the vacancies available and merit-cum-option at the final MBBS examination.
The liability of the SSC officers passing out of AFMC to serve the Armed Forces Medical Services would be seven (7) years. All candidates admitted to the college are required to execute a bond to this effect for an amount of 15 lacs (Rupees Fifteen lacs) at the time of joining the college. Students removed from service liability due to any reason will have to pay the bond money as per conditions laid down by Govt of India.
Ten seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates who also have similar service liability and have to fulfil the requirements of medical fitness, age, educational qualification and qualifying the entrance examination.
The course duration is 4 years 6 months. Candidates who successfully complete course work are exclusively appointed as doctors to deploy their duties in Indian Armed Forces.
Structure and Syllabus
The duration of AFMC exam is 120 minutes. It will be having 200 multiple choice questions- 50 questions from Biology, 50 questions from Chemistry, 50 questions from Physics, 25 questions on Intelligence, Logic and Reasoning, 25 questions on English Language and Comprehension. For every wrong answer there will be negative marking. The question in the entrance test will be based on the syllabus which is generally followed by higher secondary boards.
All India merit list is prepared on the basis of performance in entrance examination. AFMC Pune conducts rigorous interview procedure and fitness test for final offer of admission.
AFMC 2013 Online Application Form
AFMC 2013 MBBS Application Process will be entirely an Online Process. For complete details Click Here
1. There will be no sale of Prospectus and application forms this year at Post Offices. Candidates are advised NOT to send any Demand drafts /Bank drafts/Postal orders to AFMC.
2. Candidates who submit their forms online are NOT required to send anything to AFMC Pune at all. Those candidates, who are unable to upload photo and scanned signature, will have to send the filled and downloaded form to AFMC Pune after affixing photograph, signature.
How to Apply?
Prospectus and forms can be purchased from (Admission Cell) Armed Forces medical College, Pune by paying Rs 155. The Demand Draft should be addressed to Commandant, AFMC, Pune. Candidates should also send two separate papers of 9cms x 5cms in size with the DD. Candidates should also enclose a request for obtaining the application form and the prospectus. They should also enclose a self addressed envelope with a stamp of Rs 45/-. Forms should be addressed to Officer-in-charge (Admission Cell), “Armed Forces Medical College, Pune 411 040 ”
How to fill the Form?
Candidates who wish to apply online can download the application form from the website. The form should be printed on A4 size paper only. Candidates should fill in all the details very carefully. They can send the filled application form with a Demand Draft of Rs 250/- to AFMC Pune. The applicants should also enter their name and registration behind the Demand Draft for reference.
Candidates can also purchase the form from designated post offices by paying an amount of Rs 250/- through a Demand Draft. The format followed here is same as the one followed for online application. They should also send a self addressed stamped envelope with the candidates address. The envelope should also have a 60 rupees stamp and the size should be 11”x13. AFMC does not accept drafts taken from nationalized banks. Money sent through any other medium such as post, money order, cash will not be accepted.
AFMC MBBS 2013 Selection Method
1. Candidates will be required to appear in the competitive written test of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Intelligence, logic, Reasoning and English Language and comprehension on 06 May 2013.
2. Candidates selected in the written test, will be called for interview at AFMC Pune in the month of June 2013. No TA/DA would be admissible to the candidates either for written test, interview or at the time of reporting for admission.
3. Allotment of seats at the centres will be on first come first serve basis only.
AFMC 2013 Exam Pattern
AFMC MBBS Entrance Exam 2013 follows the syllabus of class 11th and 12th standard in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Questions in Reasoning and English are designed so as a class 12th pass out can answer them.
- Exam duration is of 2 hours.
- The paper consists of 200 objective questions, 50 Questions for Physics, Chemistry and Biology each. 25 questions of General Knowledge and the rest are related to English and comprehension.
- A negative marking of 0.25 for every wrong answer. For detailed AFMC Exam Pattern 2013 Click Here.
AFMC 2013 Exam Syllabus
The AFMC MBBS Entrance Exam Syllabus 2013 follows the similar syllabus pattern in Physics, Chemistry and Biology of CBSE Class 11th and 12th standard. Questions in Intelligence, Logical reasoning and English are designed in such a way that a class 12th student can answer them correctly.
AFMC MBBS Entrance Exam 2013 is competitive exam. Obviously the level of questions asked are bit difficult.
AFMC 2013 Eligibility Criteria
The basic requirement is qualification in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. The minimum mark required is 60% marks or above in PCB. They should not have scored less than 50% marks in English and in other science subjects. Those who have passed any other examination which is equivalent to plus two with PCB and English as their subject Candidates should also have passed mathematics in 10th standard.
Those who are appearing in the current year of 10+2 examination before May 2nd are also eligible to apply. The lower age limit is 17 years on or before 31st December of the applying year. The upper age limit is 25 years. There is an exception of 5 years for those belonging to SC, ST or OBC.
Candidates who are currently doing B.Sc final year should be 24 years on the year of application. The candidate should be an Indian citizen. Those who have migrated from Nepal, Bhutan, Pakistan and any other country with an intention to reside permanently in India can apply. Students should not be married. They are also not allowed to marry in between the course. Candidates should be physically fit.
Study Plan for AFMC
Best tip : Be realistic.Don’t plan to study all the time or in long blocks.
Few steps which should be followed by students in order to get a better result are:
You should start in a systematic method to learn the books.Solving previous years question papers will also help the you to know the pattern of the exam.You should try to read and write down their notes regularly.
Give yourself plenty of breaks.Stick notes and important information around the house for you to see, for example, back of the toilet door, fridge door, above the television etc. So even when you aren’t actually studying, you will be reminded of information you need to retain.If you are more of a morning person, plan to do your more difficult studying in the morning when you are most alert (or afternoon or evening, depending on when suits you). They can also make a timetable and follow it strictly. Everyday students should at least study for 4 hours. Revision will also be another method to learn their portions well. If one wishes to take a break for a short time is also good. It will freshen up their mind and help to concentrate well. While studying one should focus and concentrate on it completely.
AFMC 2013 Q & A/ Have a question about AFMC 2013?
Have a Question, Ask in Question & Answer Forum for AFMC.
How and Where To Get the Results?
Results can be obtained from the official website of AFMC.Students should also enter their roll number and their date of birth.The website link for results is http://www.afmcdg1d.gov.in/
The cutoff of AFMC entrance exam generally depends on the result.If candidates appearing for AFMC are getting high marks,the cutoff limit will kept high and vice versa. The students getting at least 70% will be called for the interview process.But,you will need at least 80% to get admitted into AFMC.
AFMC score is valid for one year only.
Contact Address for the AFMC Exam
Admission Cell Tel. No. 020 – 2682 0028
Fax no. 020 – 2687 4759
Address: Officer-in-Charge Admissions
Armed Forces Medical College
Sholapur Road, Pune – 411040
- Entrance Exam will be held by May 1st week.
- Application can be purchased from December 3rd week 2013 to January last week
- Final date of submitting the form is February 1st week
- AFMC 2013 Entrance Exam Dates – May,2013
- Results will be published by last week of May
- AFMC Interview Date – To be declared only after the Entrance Examination/Interview will be by June.
- Commencement of the course by August
List of AFMC Exam centers
AFMC 2013 MBBS Entrance Exam is All India Medical Entrance Examination. The test is administered in all major Indian cities.
- Port blair
Reference Books for AFMC Exam
AFMC MBBS Entrance Examination is one of the highly competitive medical entrance exam held in India. Success in AFMC MBBS Entrance Exam 2013 depends on right planning followed with discipline. Study material that one chose to follow makes lots of difference in preparation and success. Click Here for AFMC Exam Books and Sample Papers suggested for AFMC 2013 MBBS Entrance Test Preparation.
- 10 Mock Test Papers for BHU by Panel of Experts
- AFMC – Pune Solved Papers by N. Khurmi
- AFMC Explorer 2013 by Dr. Sandeep Ahlawat.
- AFMC Medical Entrance Solved Papers by Editorial Board.
- Arihant 5 Mock Tests & Solved Papers for AFMC by Panel of Experts.
- Armed Forces Medical College, PUNE Entrance Exam Prep Books by Panel Experts.
- Chapter Wise Solutions of AFMC (PUNE) by Panel of Experts.
- DhanPat Ray Biotechnology & Environmental chemistry by M.MahaJan
- GK, English & Reasoning – Medical Entrances by Editorial Board.
- KHURMI AFMC by N.Khurmi.
- Medical Entrance Guide by G.R RaiZada.
- Mtg AFMC Explorer 16 Years Solved Papers by Dr. Sandeep Ahlawat.
- Objective Botany by Dr.Naresh Malik
Coaching Centers for AFMC Exam
- Sreekrishna Entrance Coaching Centre
- Sachdeva College
- Oasis Educational Services (OES)
- Helix Institute
- Excellent Institute
- Elite Academy
- Dr. Bhatia Medical Coaching Institute Pvt.Ltd
- Darshana Academy
- B.R.M Academy
- Achievers Academy
- ACE Tutorials (Medical and Engineering Wing)
- ACE Tutorials (Engineering Wing)
- ACE Tutorials
- A.K Vidyamandir (Medical Wing)